Benefits of MACPRO Membership
Benefits of Membership:
- Networking with fellow professionals.
- Website features job postings, information sharing, "Member's only" section currently in planning stage, etc.
- Biennial benchmarking project.
- Biennial presentation participation in the Michigan Association of Counties annual conference.
- Sharing parks and recreation activities/issues/pending legislation/etc.
- Scholarship programs for MACPRO members:
We are an affiliate member of the National Association of County Parks and Recreation Officials who meet annually in conjunction with the National Association of Counties meeting and during the annual National Recreation and Parks Association conference. Attendance at these meetings is extremely helpful for national networking and also includes a day tour of the local park system(s).
On the social side, the late fall MACPRO meeting features the world famous 'Road Kill Caf�' potluck luncheon featuring wild game dishes.
- a. National Recreation and Parks Association Legislative Forum in Washington D.C.:MACPRO will pay fifty percent not to exceed $350 of the registration and/or travel expenses for both an agency member and an elected official or commissioner from that agency.
- b. Scholarships will be offered to "first-time" attendees at the Special Parks District Forum and/or the National Recreation and Parks Association annual conference. MACPRO will pay fifty percent not to exceed $350 of the registration and/or travel expenses.
Please consider membership today.For questions email or call Ken Elwert at (810) 245-4874 or contact any of the officers listed on the Members Page.